Saturday 3 November 2007

Blessing On Last Ramadhan Month


I fell so proud being a muslim. And Alhamdulillah I live in Indonesia, that has a big muslim community. So a lot of Islamic activities hold here in all place as long as Ramadhan month. Ramadhan month in this year, actually I have worked in Indosat (telecommunication operator) for 10 months. So I did all Islamic activies which presented by Indosat. Because I seldom get these excellence ones in my old company I worked for before.

And as long as last Ramadhan I get a lots of blessing. All Islamic activies that related to the Ramadhan theme are presented in my company like lecture programmes, talk show, Islamic art show, Nasyid show, music instrument “Angklung” show, bazar programme, fasting break together programme, and any else. I my self so enjoy all activities that holding at break hour on 11:45 – 13:30.

Besides fasting break programme that holding in Indosat, we got others fasting break invitation from vendors and many clients. Almost everyday we went to that invitation which almost of them was holding at high class restaurants or hotels like Olive Tree niko hotel restaurant, hyatt hotel, Cilantro restaurant, sate senayan restaurant, and so on. Too many invitation, sometime I missed several one because I was became too seldom eat at home with my family. Besides that reason, I felt bored too with restaurant food that sometime was not enjoying with my appetite. It felt strange in my tongue, lke Japanese food, or Chinese food. And sometime they gave door prize too to us. Lucky me, I got TV Color 21” in last NSN (Nokia Siemens Network) invitation.

From all moment that make me feel touched is all enjoying invitation were holding by other company which most of them are non-muslim people. Most of vendor company or clients’s staff are Chinese, Indian, and other any foreign people. They used Ramadhan moment to entertaint us by break fasting together. And they followed happy too together with us. It means that Ramadhan not just give blessing and happiness to muslim people only, but others non-muslim people feel too.

And the other one that make me proud is when I was visiting it in hotel or any places other I heard Islamic music/song always used as back sound in many rooms, unexceptly in toilet room. Although we can see there other several visitor were foreign people too. But it felt Islamic athmosphere there.

So that’s one of the reason why I feel proud being a muslim in Indonesia. I suppose that might be we couldn’t find the same one in other country, especially in non-muslim country. Even that, ied day is more amazing celebrate in Indonesia than in other Arabian country. We have “mudik” event and “ketupat” event.

No comments: